Taiwan is one of the best places I have been to. It has a diverse culture with a long history. It is a very interesting country and one that would be great to teach in. It is a great starting point for entry level ESL jobs.
Looking for a country with rich history, vibrant cities, and beautiful mountains? If so, Taiwan is the place! Teaching English in Taiwan can be a very rewarding experience. In order to get a teaching job, however, you will need to meet several requirements:
- A degree from a recognized Western university
- Have no criminal record
- Be Native English Speaker
- A passport that will be valid for at least 6 months from date of entry
- Passports must be from specific English-speaking countries. Make sure to verify your passport is an approved passport.
- A two-month multiple entry visa
- When applying for your visa, do not mention you are planning to work. There is a weird issue with the visa process. Once you have your job secured (get your job while there, not before), you can switch your visa.
- Generally, people with degrees in Education are given preference. Teaching certificates, however, are beginning to gain popularity and will definitely help your chances.
If you meet those requirements, then best of luck and enjoy Taiwan! And if you are in need of a hands on step by step guide to help you land the best possible job in Taiwan, just a click on contact me and shoot me a message.